What Is Referred Pain?
Feeling of pain in a part of the body that is fairly remote from the tissue causing the pain. Referred pain is pain perceived at a location other than the site of the painful stimulus / origin as the result of a network of interconnecting sensory nerves. This network supplies many different tissues.
When there is an injury at one place in the network, this pain can be interpreted in the brain to radiate nerves. And can give pain elsewhere in the related areas of the network.
- Angina pectoris: Pain due to ischemia of cardiacmuscle; felt in mid-sternal region, base of the neckand down the left arm.
- Pain arising in Gall bladder/Bile ducts: referred to the epigastrium & Rt scapular region.
- Pain in diaphragm referred to Rt. shoulder.
- Pain in ovaries is felt in umbilicus.
- Renal pain referred to loin.
- Pain in testes is felt in abdomen.
إِنَّ الَّذِينَ كَفَرُواْ بِآيَاتِنَا سَوْفَ نُصْلِيهِمْ نَارًا كُلَّمَا نَضِجَتْ جُلُودُهُمْ بَدَّلْنَاهُمْ جُلُودًا غَيْرَهَا لِيَذُوقُواْ الْعَذَابَ إِنَّ اللّهَ كَانَ عَزِيزًا حَكِيمًا
Indeed, those who disbelieve in Our verses – We will drive them into a Fire. Every time their skins are roasted through We will replace them with other skins so they may taste the punishment. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted in Might and Wise.(An-Nisaa’ : 56 )
Zagazig Academic Panelist,
“Achieve the Highest, Improve Others”
PERUBATAN Zagazig Chapter 2015/2016